THE CITY OF LONG BEACH
The City of Long Beach website consists of both a main site for the city, along with 32 individual departments. With so many individual sites, ThinkLogic created a detailed project plan with a very aggressive timeline to accomplish the migration of 1200+ pages of content, hundreds of images and thousands of documents. This was accomplished with daily morning meetings with all team members, weekly status reviews, and detailed tracking.
- Create a CMS solution that includes migrating and styling of 32 departments microsites) and 1200 pages of content.
- Develop a number of custom user controls allowing for greater flexibility from one department to the next.
- Develop a notification tool for the city that allows residents to sign up and stay informed on the city alerts and newsletters.
- CMS Implementation
- Custom Web Software Development
- Custom Business Solutions
- Web Development & Design
To accomplish the goals of the project in a short amount of time, we developed a heavily customized Content Management System solution. This solution ensured a smooth migration of content for all 32 departments. In addition, our customization included custom user controls to allow The City of Long Beach to better manage site content.
We built a highly customized CMS solution that is one of the most robust solutions ThinkLogic has developed.
The new web application allows for:
- 33 sets of unique permissions for managing content
- Custom enterprise level search tool
- Dynamic/flexible responsive navigation solution
- Custom News and Press Release wigets
- Custom site caching for fast loading
- Integreated Calendar/Events soution